- God has been calling me to sell everything I have and live simply.
- God called Ashley to love a specific family there who is interested in living life on mission with us – in community like the early church in Acts did.
- The pursuit of wealth, slavery to job to afford the mortgage and the cold love of the northwest (Seattle area) is a heavy influence and I don’t want to be shaped by it any longer.
- Because I believe God is calling us to and he has never let me down. The safest place to be is where He has called me.
- Because I think I’ve known we were supposed to for a long time, but have been afraid to.
- Will our families be mad at us? I don’t want to hurt them.
- I’m not going to like it. NC is not the NW. I’m leaving my home.
- We’ll regret our choice and want to come back to Seattle but won’t be able to afford it.
- I’ll lose a bunch of money and be poor, and/or have to give up my comforts.
- I like my life here, it’s nice – I don’t want to leave it.
What Does God Say?
- no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.” Luke 18:30
- Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. Luke 17:33
- If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:26-27
- Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.” Luke 12:15